Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Baby bib cards

While looking through my older card for inspiration I came across a bib card I had made a while back. I thought I would like to have the 'lace' more lacy so I made a second card. Now I just need someone to send it to!


The card on the left is the original card I made. There are lots of bib cards out there but none are the same as the one I made so I thought I would tell you how I made it. I used the largest scalloped oval nestie in my cuttlebug for the lace and then used the largest classic oval for the pink part. I adhered the pink oval off center leaving more of the scallop showing at the bottom. I didn't have any 'baby' stamps so I just used a tiny flower and words from the mixed messages set from Papertrey Ink.

By the time I made the second card I had a baby stamp, it is a $1 stamp from Michaels. The rattle and sentiment are on one stamp. I also made the scallops more 'lacy' by using piercing tools around the edges of the scallops. I used pergamano tools, the single and the flower but the flower dented the cardstock The tool is made for vellum. Only a few of the flowers show so it really wasn't even worth the effort!

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

I just love this card Jennie. I wonder if you use an ice pick if it would go through the CS. Just a thought.

Magpiesatx said...

Jennie, What a cute bib card! Sorry to hear the pergamono tools didn't work the way you wanted, but what if you hadn't tried. So many great ideas come from a single thought. Thanks for sharing your creativeness through your blog. I look forward to seeing what you come up with everyday. Margaret also from San Antonio, Tx