Monday, April 20, 2009

Doodle and coloring fun

A couple of things I like to do is doodle and color, for me it is very relaxing. As I don't have a card to share today I thought I would show you a couple of doodles and mandalas that I have done.




It takes very little in the way of supplies to doodle. Just some paper and a pen. When I travel I take a small drawing pad and a couple of pens and doodle on the plane or at the airport between flights. I did these doodles last month on a trip to California. You can use any fine tip pen such as the fine end of a black marker or a Sharpie. I use Pigma micron pens because they come in different tip sizes. These are small, about 4" x 3"

I print the mandalas on the computer and these are colored with Prismacolor pencils and odorless Turpenoid. Most people use odorless mineral spirits but I had Turpenoid and it works. It is a great way to practice coloring. I will be printing more to practice using my new Copics. Goodness knows I need the practice! You can find free mandelas to print HERE and HERE The ones shown are 3 1/2" across.

No comments: