Saturday, April 25, 2009

Scrappy Saturday Encore


Okay, so I am new to this blogging thing. I tried last night to schedule the Scrappy Saturday post to publish this morning but it published right away so I have Scrappy Saturday posted on Friday! So in that case if that is how it want's to be then I will have a scrappy encore!


The original idea for this card came from here I just used squares instead of circles.

For this card I used punched circles but most of the 'doodling' I did with Borders and Corners {circles} stamps from Papertrey Ink I ran the background and some of the circles seperately through the Cuttlebug using the Spots and Dots folder.

This card reminds me of the New York skyline but I guess it could also look like candles. I just used scraps of mostly Basic Grey papers. I think this would make a great card for a man. *TIP It is difficult to cut strips a consistant width. I know I have either had the paper a little crooked or the measurement is just a little off and they don't match up exactly. To solve this problem I taped a piece of cardstock to the cutter along the measurement line that I want and then slide the paper in from the right and butt it up against the cardstock. You can also cut perfect squares this way at any size you desire. It is quicker than using a nestie and cheaper than a punch!


I removed the piece that holds the paper down so that you can see a little better what I am talking about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi just popped over to see your blog... I am from the CraftyCardCreators group.... Love it, you really have some wonderful creations here... I am going to add you to my blog list, so I can visit you often....
Hugs, Christina

Nancy said...

Just found your blog after you posted to the Cuttlebug group. You make beautiful creations!