Saturday, April 18, 2009

Scrappy Saturday

I have decided to make Saturday's scraps day. I have so many scraps that I need to use them or get rid of them. I keep any piece that is 1" square or more! This probably comes from making miniatures for so many years. A 1" scrap is like a 12"x12" sheet of DP.



These cards are based on quilt blocks. The one on the left is called Windmill and the one on the right Pinwheel. For these card I cut 8 - 1 1/4" squares fron DP and then cut the squares diagonally to make triangles. This will give you enough triangles for bith cards. The card on the left is 4 1/14" square. I arranged the triangles on a piece of white cardstock and used a grey marker to do the faux stitching. Then I ran it through my Cuttlebug using the Paisley folder. For the card on the right I arranged the triangles and added dots around the outside of the triangles with a white gel pen. The sentiment is from Stampin Up. This is the first time I have ever added a button to a card although I have a ton of them!


I had bought a package of Basic Grey Pheobe 12 x 12 scrapbook paper on clearance at Hobby Lobby. The patterns are to big for card making but the front sheet that has all the patterns on are a perfect size (so are the labels that come with the pack) I cut 1/2" wide strips and wove then together. I made a border with the Scor-Pal and the sentiment is from Stampabilities.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Very pretty Jennie!

Taaleedee said...

Love your work, especially the cards made using paper scraps. I have lots of bits and pieces that I can't bear to throw away. What did you use to attach the patchwork pieces please? Pauline.

Magpiesatx said...

I love your quilt cards. I have a very dear friend who quilts like a mad-man - she loves it so! This is an idea for when I make her a card for any ocassion. I'll have to ask her to let me "borrow" her quilt pattern books to get ideas. Thanks for sharing your fantastic work. Margaret/San Antonio, TX