Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Blue Bird


I have been playing with stencils and 3D decoupage again. I embossed using a stylus and light box and then cut inside the embossing with a swivel knife. Cutting paper dulls a blade pretty quickly so I tried using my regular Xacto craft knife with a #11 blade. I use Excel blades as they are thinner than the Exacto blades. The #11 blades are much less expensive than the swivel blades but I don't seem to have as much control as I do with a swivel knife and the blades are smaller and thinner so I guess I will have to suck it up!
I cut out the bird and around the edge of the card with scissors. You can find the decoupage sheet HERE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH Jennie .. this is just gorgeous...I love the way to do these cards. You have more patience than I would ever have with that cutting. I always love seeing what you have created next.

Anonymous said...

Jennie this is beautiful..... I love your decoupage cards...