Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A new Winner & Lattice & Violets

Well the 'Just Because' card wasn't claimed and so I drew another name.

The new winner is...........JD!

JD please e-mail me with your full name and mailing address, You will find my email address in my profile.

Now on to today's card.A while ago I bought a Silhouette craft cutter and there it sat. Yesterday I decided I needed to learn how to use it. I have a loooong way to go and it took all day but I did figure out how to make lattice in Robo Master with the help of a tutorial for Craft Robo which unfortunately was metric which really messed me up. How big is 2 cm in inches?
I decided to forget the metric system and try to figure out the measurements that I wanted in inches myself. My first effort was to to small but usable and this card shows my second effort. It still didn't turn out to be the size I wanted but I will get there. I have so much I want to try like doing the cutting for the dry embossing stencils.


I backed the lattice with a piece of DP from my stash and used green CS for the mat. I didn't like how much white showed on the center of the lattice so I cut a small frame from the green CS. The gold butterfly and salutation are peel off stickers.

Wednesday Sept. 9th. Edited to note: I did not send this post on Tuesday at 11:13pm I sent it today, Wednesday at about 2:30 pm!

3 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely card...and I am thrilled to be a winner of the "just because" card...Your work is so beautiful...I will send you and email...

Anonymous said...

Wow this is amazing...I have never heard of that type machine...I wonder if the Cricut Expression does this...I bet it does...and I just haven't give it a chance. I love this card....check my latest card out...I give credit to Jennie for the inspiration on this one...thanks Jennie.

Diann said...

Your cards are just lovely, Jennie! I have just gotten a Silhouette machine but haven't taken it out of the box yet...now you have inspired me! Diann