Monday, December 7, 2009

Merry Christmas

I am continuing to use stamps I bought last year but never used. This stamp really stumped me last year!



For this card I cut a white panel 4-3/4" x 5-1/2" and used a Martha Stewart border punch on the long sides which made the panel 4-1/4" x 5-1/2". I used my Scor-Pal to score between the borders. I stamped the image with Versamark ink and used fine detail gold embossing powder and scored a line above and below the image.. The ornament is colored with Prismacolor pencils and OMS.


This card is similar to the first but for this one I cut the card base so that the opening is at the top. The white panel is cut 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" and I used a different Martha Stewart border punch on one short side. I trimmed the edges to make the scallops even and then used the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder above the border and scored a line between the two. I also scored a line above and below the image which was stamped and finished the same way as the first card.

4 comments:

Gloria said...

Awesome cards----I just love how you do all your layering and stuff....

Merlie said...

Martha Stewart punch and swiss dots are my favorite combo. Love your cards, very simple yet clean and elegant

Anonymous said...

I love this....both are so pretty...the borders on both just set the card off....

paige said...

Looks like you found two perfect ways to highlight your stamp this year! sometimes the ideas just take awhile to simmer inside us.