Sunday, January 31, 2010

I can't get away!

I don't seem to be able to get away from 3D cards!


I have had this Mattie Crown Border Stencil for a while and wanted to use it so here is yet another 3D card. The 3D sheets seem to go with the stencils so much better than stamped and colored images! The sheet is one I bought from England.

I have started using Silicone glue for dimension rather than using the tape. There is an up side and a down side. The upside is that it is quicker to put dots of Silicone than it is to cut tiny bits of dimensional tape and because the silicone is nearly clear you don't see it from the side. The downside is that it takes a while to dry so you have to be careful where you sit the card down so that you don't accidentally put your hand or something else on it and flatten it! Hmm.... I wonder how I know this!

I traced around the stencil and the cut out parts, embossed it and then cut it out. On the center panel at the top and bottom I used just a small portion of the stencil to emboss.


3 comments:

A Soul's Heartbeat said...

Great mojo has floated your way! Loving this new card. I sure like the purple/white combo. Such pretty cutwork!

Anonymous said...

I am wild about your work with these stencils...it looks so very professional. Love the work you are doing...shirley

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty...love the colors.