Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Roses Are.....Pink

I know I have gone back on what I said I was going to do which was get back to stamping!

When you dry emboss with a stencil and light box the cardstock has to be light enough in color that you can see the stencil or you have to do it 'blind'....... by feel. I am not there yet! This card came about by trying the pale pink paper to see if I could see the stencil through it on the light box and also because I wanted to experiment with chalking the embossing.



The picture does not do the card justice. The colors are looking faded, they are much prettier than they look! The stencil I used is a Classics Emily. After embossing I used a Q-tip to add a deeper pink chalk to the embossing before removing the stencil and doing the cutting. The 3D sheet is from Nikki's Crafts in England. I found that it was much less expensive to order from this site than to order from here in the US. The service was excellent and shipping was less than many sites in the US charge. I always love a bargain!

3 comments:

A Soul's Heartbeat said...

You may think you don't have your mojo back yet but this card is beautiful, so soft and delicate looking, lovely Jennie, just lovely.

Gloria said...

looks like mojo to me....Awesome

Anonymous said...

OH I love this one...reminds me of my English Grandmother....