Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Christmas in July

This may be the only Christmas card I do in July but it is a start.....even if it is late in the month! I just don't seem to be able to bring myself to drag out the Christmas stamps when the temperature is in the 90's.


Many years ago, while visiting my sister in England, I traced this image from some images she had for parchment craft cards. In the ensuing years the paper had gotten somewhat messed up so that when I scanned it with the idea of making a digi image from it it was a mess. I re-traced the image and scanned it again for a nice clean image and then printed it. I chose the DP and then colored the image and cut it out. For the frame I used Open Passe-partout  EH1824. I  traced around the inside of the stencil on the DP and cut it out so that the color of the card base would show. The image is popped-up with dimensional tape.  I am going to try this year....if I can get started soon enough.....to make one of a kind cards for everyone on my card list.

3 comments:

Phyllis said...

And such a beautiful card it is Jennie. I know what you mean about doing bringing out the Christmas stamps now while the temps are in the 90's--just can't do it. lol

Christina Lytle said...

wow Christmas, I guess in a way it is around the corner, wow time flies... lovely card!

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely card...You really have a gift with using stencils.