Saturday, August 7, 2010

Elegant Ellipse

As promised this is a card made with the Cuttlebug Elegant Ellipse emboss and cut folder. This one didn't make a nice clean cuts either. Hmmm, maybe it is me and not the folder? The folders have two magnetic plates held together with some kind of softer plastic than the embossing folders which gives them a little play. I have just been putting the CS on the bottom plate and flipping the lid closed. I  tried again being a little more diligent with making sure the sides met perfectly and it worked much better so it was me!

I cut an oval a little larger than the hole in the red layer for the image to show through. The image layer is glued to the background paper and the embossed panel is raised with dimensional tape.

I messed up the center medallion from the card above but the card below is made with the center medallion from another one I cut in cream. I used  chalk to highlight the embossing, a Martha Stewart edge punch on the DP and the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder on the card base..

2 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Love your cards you did a great job thanks for sharing!!!

Rita said...

I just love your Poppy card, its so beautiful and Elegant too. Hugs Rita xxx